I tell myself, "Keep walking on"
Hear something up ahead
Water falling like a song
An everlasting stream
Your river carries me home
Let it flow, let it flow
All my fountains..........
Passion Band, "All My Fountains," Passion Here for You
Beginnings........
How to start writing this blog has puzzled me for quite some time. I knew that God had given me a story to tell but I felt as if I was not worthy enough to begin. You see, I had been through some dry and desert lands in the past, many of my own makings. But as someone recently told me, I am going to encourage you to allow God to do great and glorious things in your life.
Growing up, I always trusted my parents to provide for me, which they did. But it was not until I was 28 years old that I began to truly understand who really was my Provider. It was at that moment (August 6, 1989) that I knew that nothing I had done, nothing my parents had given me, nothing my husband or children could give me, would satisfy the longings in my soul. Only Jesus could be the lover of my soul.
I continued to hear Him speak to me about the plans for my life, but I found myself often drifting in and out of listening range. Some even call it "selective hearing." The rivers of life washed my soul into some difficult and dry deserts. Within a span of just sixteen years, I experienced what many would call "life challenges," but I would later come to see them as the ebb and flow of God's hand on my life.
Not too long after the birth of my first child, my husband was called to be the pastor of a local church. We had begun our young wedded life together as servants of the Lord in the ministries of youth and education. Those days were glorious....watching God move in our lives and in the lives of those around us. As we continued to minister in this new capacity, God blessed again with another child.
Slow Fade........
Our church prospered and great friendships were developed. It was through a providential study of "Experiencing God" by Henry Blackaby that I came to the realization that my life was to be about HIM and not me. I was to look for where God was working and join Him. Satan did not like this reaffirmation of my faith and my purpose in God. Little did I know that the things that I was about to experience would change my life forever. This reminds of a song by Casting Crowns, Slow Fade.
Be careful little eyes what you see
It's the second glance that ties your hands as darkness pulls the strings
Be careful little feet where you go
For it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow
It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
It's a slow fade, it's a slow fade
It's the second glance that ties your hands as darkness pulls the strings
Be careful little feet where you go
For it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow
It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
It's a slow fade, it's a slow fade
But......It wasn't too long after this that a fog began to settle in, and the rains began to fall.

No comments:
Post a Comment